Monday 7 December 2009

STRICTLY #2


There's been a memo, sent to all at Alesha/Alicia HQ: brown is the new black. And I did it at the beginning of the year - don't I feel special?

This September Britain's former ethnic golden girl, Alesha showcased a new colour #2 flex.



Week 1 - I was unsure, a little bit 'getting wiggy with it' for my liking, too much of a nod to Beyonce and that. Weird side parting, a bit high on the crown of her head etc.

I missed the mid back length Ebony but come Week 2, Alesha's stylist brought it back and this look won my heart.


20+ inches of waved buffness.

Miss Keys however has deeply, deeply disappointed me - trading in her trademark black curls for a choppy and dry looking honey brown bob as seen on last week's X-Factor. I love the bob, in fact I ADORE it - Vidal Sassoon was a genius and it's a look that has stood the test of time but for me, nothing was ever going to top the black curls. They were super versatile and I died for them.

Yes, In the Rachel Zoe way.

From This:

To this:

Remember this?:

Gosh I love her.

1 comment:

  1. Have been loving the brown look on both ladies. Much more of a softer look. Does need to be the right shade for the person otherwise it can look a little fake. Thinking of trying a new colour myself in the new year, might venture down brown avenue!

    Congratulations on the new site btw, looks fab, with great functionality.

    ReplyDelete